You run your business successfully. But electricity for your business? Well, that’s something entirely different. For designing, installing, and maintaining commercial, industrial, oil and gas, or government electrical projects, you can count on Benchmark Electrical Solutions.
Throughout Northern Colorado, we have completed a variety of electrical project management jobs, and we would love to help you next. We stand out from other electrical contracting companies because of our commitment to quality, health and safety, and the environment. Keep reading to learn what types of electrical contracting we do, and then contact us today to get started.
Your school, auto dealership, gas station, or other commercial building can’t run without electricity. Installing, troubleshooting, or maintaining that electricity, however, isn’t in your wheelhouse. If that’s the case, then you can trust Benchmark Electrical Solutions for electrical contracting in Northern Colorado.
Our team of electricians has more than 70 years worth of combined experience — and all that experience will benefit you when you need help with commercial electrical projects. Here at Benchmark Electrical Solutions, we work hard to find a solution that will work for you. With our vast experience, qualifications, and knowledge, we promise to find that ideal solution.
We bring this unparalleled experience to every commercial electrical project we do. For example, we have extensive experience with the following control systems, manufacturers, equipment types, and material handling:
- Control Systems: Visual/tele/data, lighting retrofit/upgrades, high/low voltage systems, fire alarms, daylightings systems, lighting controls, and power management.
- Major Manufacturers: GE, Siemens, Intermatic, Solar Path, Square D, Synergy, Hubbell, Sensor Switch, Cutler-Hammer, LC&D, RAB, and Tork.
- Equipment Types: Boiler types, air handler units, solar pole lights, generators and UPS, motors, power distribution, refrigeration, and FACP.
- Material Handling: Palletizers and conveyors, custom high-speed support equipment, automated weight systems, robotics, custom controls, and packaging machines.
Within commercial electrical projects, we have experience with renewable energy (including Range Fuels, Sundrop, and Front Range Energy), along with the educational sector (we have worked extensively with CSU). You can trust our electrical project management to reach your electrical contracting goals in an effective, timely manner. Check out some of our commercial project sheets today.
Within the industrial sector, electrical contracting is vital for making sure employees are safe and taken care of and that work can be completed effectively. Here at Benchmark Energy Solutions, we understand the importance of this, which is why safety is the central part of our culture. With such a large focus on safety, it’s no surprise that this transfers over to our industrial electrical projects.
We also understand the risks and costs associated with downtime. If your electrical system isn’t working, in whatever capacity, then your company is losing money — it’s as simple as that. Because of this, our electrical contractors will be there for you from start to finish. This means we will do everything right from the beginning, being detail-oriented and focused on your success. And then, if something does come up or go wrong, we will be there for repair and maintenance.
Within the industrial sector, we have completed electrical contracting for food and beverage plants, greenhouses, synthetic gas plants, medical facilities, pharmaceutical facilities, gasification skids, semiconductor plants, clean rooms, and more. If you can dream it, then there’s a good chance we have either done it or have all the skills necessary to successfully design, install, and maintain the electrical components. Check out some of our industrial project sheets today.
Oil and Gas
The oil and gas market is a large part of the well-being and prosperity of the U.S. Here in Northern Colorado, there is a great need for electrical contracting within the oil and gas market — and Benchmark Electrical Solutions is here to get the job done quickly, safely, and affordably. We have extensive experience with the following electrical, instrumentation/controls, and automation components of the oil and gas industry:
- Electrical: Well pad electrification, crude oil terminals, compressor stations, pump stations, utility and easement coordination, motor controls including VFD and soft start, intrinsically safe installations, cable trays, panels/switchgear, lighting, duct banks, lightning protection and grounding, commissioning, heat trace, and solar panel powers.
- Instrumentation/Controls: Flow meters (mass, Annubar, etc.); temperature indicators and transmitters; pressure indicators and transmitters; valves, actuators, and positioners; solenoid valves; analyzers; level indicators and transmitters; instrument air tubing; field inspection check out and start up; training; troubleshooting; loop checks (Hart communicator); and calibrating instruments with NIST Certified and Traceable Equipment.
- Automation: Panel design and fabrication; remote I/O cabinet install; PLC installation, programming, and troubleshooting; programming and troubleshooting (utilizing Rockwell RSLogix 5000); SCADA installation, programming, and troubleshooting; HMI development (RSView ME, SE, Wonderware, Iconics, Red Lion); and Modbus and DNP3.0 protocol.
Let us help you with the dependable, quality electrical contracting you’re looking for within the oil and gas industry. Check out some of our oil and gas project sheets today.
Service and Maintenance
It’s understandable that you may wish for there never to be any electrical problems with your building or business. Think about it for a second, though: how often do you run into electrical problems with your work computer or your house? We’re not saying you should expect problems as soon as you hire someone for electrical contracting (far from it, in fact). You should find an electrical contracts manager you trust to do all of your electrical contracting — but you shouldn’t expect there to never be problems.
Just like your work computer needs updates and help from time to time, your building’s electrical components will be the same. We all love technology until it isn’t working, right? Well, when electrical components of your business, for example, aren’t working, you’ll have serious problems on your plate. These problems can range from lost revenue from downtime to serious personal injury for your employees. Benchmark Electrical Solutions can help.
Our electricians perform regular service and maintenance to make sure everything is up-to-date and ready to operate as optimally as possible. Better yet, we emphasize the importance of continuing education and ensure our contractors can help with a wide variety of maintenance. Your success is our success, and we will do the service and maintenance needed to help you and your business thrive.
Transmission and Distribution
Transmission and distribution refers to the stages of carrying electricity over poles and wires from generators. This electricity could be delivered to homes or a business. Transmission and distribution are two different stages, with the main distinction being the voltage level at which the electricity moves.
Here’s how it works:
- Transmission moves bulk electricity from generation sites to distant substations where demand is high (such as suburbs).
- This electricity is at too high of a voltage level (more than 100kV) to be delivered directly to a home or business.
- Power sent through transmission lines is then reduced or “stepped down” to a lower voltage power by transformers and sent through distribution lines.
- The distribution lines are connected to homes and businesses to provide power.
- Voila! You have power.
It seems pretty simple, right? The system has been worked out and improved over the years, but that doesn’t mean you don’t want a professional on the job who has the experience, knowledge, confidence, and safety tools necessary to complete the job successfully.
Depending on your commercial, industrial, or oil and gas application, you may need electrical contractors who can handle transmission and distribution; Benchmark Electrical Solutions is for you. We are qualified and trained in a variety of medium- and high-voltage tasks, including the following:
- Powerline installation from 15kV to 500kV
- Energized powerline installation up to 35kV
- Substation construction
- Testing and start-up services
- Emergency electrical repair and modifications
Looking for help with transmission and distribution in Northern Colorado? Benchmark Energy Solutions has the electrical contracting you’re looking for.
Hire Us for Electrical Contracting in Northern Colorado
Electrical project management doesn’t have to be a headache — at least, not when you work with Benchmark Energy Solutions. We have experience in renewable energy, along with industrial, government, and commercial electrical projects. We are your Top Rated Local® electrical contracting company and we’d be happy to get you started today with your own electrical solutions. With a strong focus on quality, health and safety, and the environment, our electricians are right for the job. Contact Benchmark Electrical Solutions today to get started with electrical contracting in Northern Colorado.