If you’re building a business from the ground up, you know just how much work goes into it from initially breaking ground to finally cutting the ribbon. You have a team of people helping you the whole way, but electricians may have felt like the last thing on your list.
What You Can Expect With Electrical Contracting
When you’re starting an oil and gas project, greenhouse, medical facility, or anything else, it’s overwhelming to think of all that needs to get done, and “electrical contracting” probably wasn’t what first came to mind. In order to have a successful operation, however, electrical contracting should actually be high on your to-do list!
Here at Benchmark Electrical Solutions, we offer just that: electrical solutions. We work with clients throughout the Northern Colorado area to help them with electrical project management and more. From commercial electrical projects to industrial electrical projects, government electrical projects, and more, we’re there for you. From start to finish of your project, we will focus on quality, health, safety, and environment.
When you hire us for electrical contracting, you’ll receive cost-effective, professional, and customized solutions that maximize value through precision and innovation. We’re the future of electrical contracting, and we are eager to help you with your company’s future. Keep reading to learn more about electrical contracting and how Benchmark Electrical Solutions can help, and then contact us to get started.
What an Electrical Contractor Does
An electrical contractor is essentially a firm that employs electricians and then contracts them out to work on a variety of construction projects. The electrical contracting performed is typically specialized in relation to the design, installation, and maintenance of electrical systems.
Overall, there are three primary types of contractors, classified by the type of work they complete:
- Outside Electrical Contractors: Also known as “line contractors,” these people deal with high-voltage transmission and distribution lines. For example, line contractors both build and maintain the infrastructure needed at a power plant to transport electricity.
- Inside Electrical Contractors: Aptly named, these contractors provide electricity to a structure within a property’s boundary lines. Examples of this include design, installation, and maintenance for commercial, residential, and institutional buildings.
- IBS or VDV Contractors: Integrated building systems (IBS) and Voice/Data/Video (VDV) electrical contractors conversely work with low-voltage installations, including back-up power, wireless networks, security systems, climate controls, fiber optics, and more.
Depending on the scale of your electrical contracting project, you may have several electricians actively involved. This can often include project managers or supervisors to make sure everything goes smoothly and to the client’s expectations. Electrical project management is a large aspect of what we do here at Benchmark Electrical Solutions in Northern Colorado.
How to Become an Electrical Contractor
To further your understanding of what you’ll be getting when you invest in electrical contracting, it’s important to understand how one becomes an electrical contractor.
First, someone must complete electrician training, which typically involves four years (though this can vary) of apprenticeship. Classroom hours can reach up to 2,000, along with practical training on the job. During these lessons, electricians in training learn everything from problem solving to electrical theory and mathematics. Ultimately, the electrician then has to pass an exam and get their electrical license.
As you can see, it’s a time-consuming, comprehensive process that can’t be completed overnight. Because of this, electrical contracting ensures that the people working on your business are truly cut out for the job and will excel in meeting your expectations — especially when you work with Benchmark Electrical Solutions.
Types of Electrical Contracting Projects We Complete
We aim to provide customized electrical solutions for everybody, which means that we have extensive, professional experience with a variety of electrical contracting projects:
- Oil and Gas: We are committed to helping clients in the oil and gas market, where we can assist in electrical, instrumentation and controls, and automation. This can include everything from well pad electrification (electrical) to solenoid valves (instrumentation and controls) and SCADA installation, programming, and troubleshooting (automation).
- Industrial: With over 70 years of combined experience in senior project management, you can rely on us for electrical contracting within the industrial sector. We have experience with everything from greenhouses to pharmaceutical facilities, gasification skids, and more — including in electrical project management.
- Commercial: We have vast experience in electrical contracting, troubleshooting, and maintenance in schools, churches, gas stations, retail buildings, auto dealerships, restaurants and more. Within these, we have experience with renewable energy, educational settings, various control systems, diverse equipment types, major manufacturers, and material handling.
- Transmission and Distribution: Part of the work of “line contractors” as discussed earlier, this aspect of electrical contracting is significant. At Benchmark Electrical Solutions, we deal with powerline installation up to 500kv, energized powerline installation up to 35kv, substation construction, emergency electrical repair and modifications, and more.
- Service and Maintenance: Finally, you can rely on us for electrical contracting related to service and maintenance. It’s not enough to install your powerlines or design electrical work without then checking back in. From HVAC wiring to security lighting, smoke detectors, thermal imaging, and everything in between, you can count on us.
Characteristics Our Electrical Contracting Company Exhibits
Now that you know what to expect from electrical contracting, you should learn what you can expect from Benchmark Electrical Solutions. We are a locally owned construction planning and management company in Northern Colorado and our team has decades of electrical contracting and project management experience.
We aim to meet the following characteristics in all of our electrical contracting:
- Quality: We are endlessly focused on improvement and continually strive to supply the best services at the most cost-effective prices. We know electrical contracting is an investment in your future, and we do all we can to make sure it’s up to your expectations.
- Health and Safety: We are committed to a culture of safety, and we meet this by embracing and incorporating industry requirements and best practices. We have built our company by focusing on health and safety, and we’re not stopping now.
- Environment: We strive to identify and mitigate environmental harp whenever possible, and we do so by following responsible, sustainable practices. Electrical contracting doesn’t have to take a detrimental toll on the environment, and we aim to lessen its impact daily.
You want electrical project management you can trust, and you’ve found that in Benchmark Electrical Solutions. These characteristics aren’t ones we simply post and say we aspire to; we live these qualities daily in our electrical contracting services throughout Northern Colorado.
Get Started With Benchmark Electrical Solutions in Northern Colorado
Here at Benchmark Electrical Solutions, we care about the customer, are electrician proud, work with highly trained employees, provide a large service area, and have a reputation for execution excellence. If you’re in need of electrical contracting in Northern Colorado, you can’t do better than Benchmark Electrical Solutions. For complex commercial, industrial, oil and gas, renewable, or service and maintenance electrical contracting, you can count on us.
Now that you’ve found a company for electrical contracting, it’s time to see if it’s the right company for you — starting with a quote for expectations, cost, and timeline. Contact us today to get started and experience the Benchmark difference.